This guide contains a quick look at most of the information you will need for the 2022 Ascension Seton Austin Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5K. If you can’t find what you are looking for, please check the other pages on our website for more detailed information. We are also available through email and chat (located at the bottom right-hand corner) to help with any questions.
These modifications are based on the COVID-19 Mitigation Plan that was set with the City of Austin on December 28th to permit this event.
Bib Look Up
Packet Pick Up & Expo
- Friday, February 18, 2022 1:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Saturday, February 19, 2022 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Pro Tip: Remember, the first hour of both days is always the busiest time, so consider coming after.
- Palmer Event Center
900 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78704
What You Need To Bring:
- Photo ID
- Bib Number – this will be emailed to you and there will also be QR codes that you can scan on-site to look up your bib number, or click here.
- Proof of vaccination or negative test – as part of the permit to operate this event, Austin Public Health is requiring proof of vaccination or negative test within 72 hours of the event start (Friday, February 18). Required for all Participants, Volunteers, Staff, and Vendors
- Any test brand, vaccine, or vaccine record will be accepted. You can use a photo of any of these forms as proof, as well. Packets cannot be released without one of these options being presented
- Testing will also be available onsite from EventMed. Testing is free, please bring your insurance card if you have insurance
Parking in the Palmer Event Center garage is available for $5. There is also street parking available close by at Bulter & Auditorium Shores park.
- Palmer Event Center asks that masks be worn inside based on The City of Austin mandate for city-owned property. Please wear a mask when not eating or drinking.
- If you have questions about the test/vaccine policy that is set by Austin Public Health please email us ahead of time at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask to speak with a staff member when you arrive at the expo. Photo ID and Vaccine/Test results will be checked by volunteers at the packet pick-up tables.
- We cover more common FAQ below so check there if you have more questions about Packet Pick Up. You can also chat with us using the icon on the screen. Any chats that are received while we are not at the computer will be converted to emails for our staff and we will respond as soon as we are back online.
New Start Time Waves
- We will have a wave as part of our mitigation plan to reduce density on course. See the chart below to see the assigned pace and pace groups that will be running within that start time
- Start times are assigned based on the pace you provided during your registration. If this pace was incorrect or you are planning on running at a different pace you can start in the time that fits your actual intended pace
- We will have pace groups based on Boston Qualifying times, learn more about pace groups and pacers here
- The start line will remain open with rolling starts, meaning that you can go within the 5-minute range of your start time
- Masks will be available by the entrance to the fenced corral
- Look up your start time and bib here
|Pace per mile||Pace Group||Corral & Start Time|
|8:30 and faster||3:00
|8:45 – 9:30||3:45
|9:45 – 10:30||4:20
|10:45 – 18:00||4:50||7:15 AM|
- Masks will be available after you cross the finish line.
- Please ask spectators to meet you at 6th and Congress and the Reunion Points.
- The finish festival returns!
- We have reduced vendors to allow for more spacing inside the festival
- We will be rocking the Live Music stage
- FloSports Live Coverage on the Jumbotrons
- And of course, those 21+ can visit the Ultra Beer Garden will be open after the race with drinks from Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Bud Light Next, Karbach Ranchwater, and Michelob Ultra.
Gear bags can be picked up race morning at the gear bag tent located between 6th & 7th street on Congress Ave.
We will not accept any other bags. Be sure your bib number is printed as largely and clearly as possible on the bag before you turn it into Gear Check.
Live Coverage & Finisher Videos
Smile for the Camera!!
If you have never ran or even watched a marathon in action then these are some must see running videos. We have partnered with FloSports again to bring back live coverage for 2022!
Also, remember that as part of our 30th Anniversary celebrations each finisher will receive a finisher video for FREE from FinisherPix!
Interactive Course Map on Google Maps
Aid Stations: Will be stocked with water and Lemon-Lime Endurance nuun. There will also be restrooms with hand sanitizer stands.
Energy Zone: Located at Mile 9 and Mile 20
GU will have an energy zone stocked with:
- GU Gel Flavors: Mandarin Orange (35 mg of caffeine), Strawberry Banana (no caffeine), Caramel Macchiato (35 mg of caffeine)
- Energy Chews Flavors: Strawberry Energy Chews & Watermelon Energy Chews (no caffeine). Get your on-course nutrition planner from GU
Athlete Tracking: Athlete tracking is live! We will update the database periodically between now and race day so if just registered you might not show up right away.
More Commonly Asked Questions
What types of proof of vaccine or test is accepted?
- All vaccines and tests are accepted, including at-home tests. You can provide a picture of either or a digital record of vaccination. Negative tests must be within 72 hours of Friday or Saturday if you pick up on Saturday
What if I forget my vaccine card/negative test for packet pick up?
- You can use testing on-site or you will need to have someone send you a picture of your card or test. If this is not possible you will have to return at another time when you can show proof of negative test within 72 hours of the Friday or can bring your vaccine card
Will I need to wear a mask while running?
- No masks are not required while running on course
What does time trial start mean?
- This means that participants will start in waves. You will be assigned a start time based on your pace submitted in registration. Everyone will start in groups every 5 minutes with a rolling start. Meaning that if you are there and ready to run you can go ahead and start you do not need to wait for the exact minute of your starting time
What if I am late and miss my start time?
- Please try and start in your wave but if you happen to miss your 5-minute window, You can start anytime before the last wave. The start line will close 5 minutes after the last assigned wave time
Can I change my start time?
- Please try and start in your wave but if you happen to miss your 5-minute window, you can start anytime before the last wave. The start line will close 5 minutes after the last assigned wave time