How to Access your Team Captain Account
- Go to www.eventdog.com and click “Participant Login”
- First-time users will need to follow the steps provided to request a temporary password.
- After you receive the temporary password, input the email address you used to registered and the password to log in.
- Once logged in you will see all of your registrations listed.
- Select the event, then click on “Choose Action” –> “Manage Team“.
- Here you can:
- See your team settings
- Invite team members
- Select a co-captain
- Export your team members for messaging
- Adjust your team privacy
- Adjust the Packet Pick Up option
- Here you can:
Adding Yourself to Your Team
- Already registered and linking your registration to a public team:
- Log in to EventDog.com.
- Find your event registration, click the pencil link next to the event.
- Find the select team drop-down menu and select your team name. – You are now on the team!
- Linking your registration to an “Invite Only” or “Anyone with link” team:
- Log in to EventDog.com.
- Find your Team Captain registration and select the blue manage team button.
- Enter your email to invite yourself to the team.
- Return to your main login screen and at the top, you will see a box with an invitation to join the team.
- Return to your team management screen and you should see that you are now on the team!
Not registered yet? Follow the steps as if you were inviting a team member and register.
Inviting Others to Join Your Team
If a Public Team – Just inform your friends to select the team name from the drop-down when they register for the event.
If NOT a Public Team – On your team page, enter a list of comma-separated email addresses in the first box and a quick message in the second box to be sent to those you want to invite. A team link is available if you selected “Anyone with a link” which can be copied to share in your personal email account.
Team member registered but did not use your invite link.
Go to your “Manage Team” icon and include the email address that they used to register for the race in the space provided, then hit the send button. Now tell them to logon to their EventDog.com account where they will see a pending team invite to accept and join the team.
Confirm/Remove Team Members
Anyone who has registered to be part of your team is listed on your Manage Team page.
Click the red X to remove anyone who is not supposed to be part of your team. This will remove the person from your team, but leave them registered for the event. A notice is sent to everyone removed from a team, and you can send a personal note at the same time.
Edit Team Name
Click the pencil icon after the team name to edit your team name. Everyone who is already
registered will be updated to the new name.
Switch Team Captains
You can choose a team member to be a co-captain of the team. Simply click the gold star next to their name. This person can then sign in to their EventDog.com account and help manage the team. However, all email communications will be sent to the primary captain.
Adjust Team Privacy
There are three access settings for teams. You can adjust these settings by clicking the link
below Privacy Settings on your Team Management page. The settings are:
- Public – Anyone can see your team in the Select Team drop list on the registration page.
- By Invitation Only – Each invitation you send out is good for one registration after
which the link will fail.
- Anyone with the Link – Anyone who is forwarded a copy of the invitation link can
register. There is no limit to the number of people who can sign up for your team.
- Individual: Team Members will pay for their registration individually.
- Bulk: Bulk payment is available to set up a single payment option is only available for teams of 25 or more. No exceptions.
- The team captain completes this application form.
- Pending approval, High Five Events staff will email the team captain a registration code to share that will allow recipients to register without being charged an entry fee.
- The team captain distributes the code to the team members. High Five Events takes no responsibly for distribution or the incurred cost of the use of the code.
- Team members register using the code. Any extras that they select, such as merchandise or charity donations, must be paid for when they complete their registration. Team registration follows the same refund/deferral process as individual registration, see details here.
- All bulk pay codes expire at end of day on Friday, April 2, 2021. After this day, High Five Events will tally the number of times your code was used and the corresponding entry fee.
- A billing invoice will be sent to the team captain and the billing contact.
- No packets for any team member will be released until the invoice is paid in full.
Team Packet Pick Up Options
1. Team Captain Pick Up
“Team Captain is responsible for picking up and distributing Team packets. Not recommended for Public Teams.”
If a Team Captain selected this option race packets including race bibs and event shirts for each team member will be packaged together. Please make sure all of your team members know the captain will pick up their race items.
- Captains with a team of 35+ members are invited to attend early packet pick up the Wednesday before the race. Details will be sent.
- Captains with a team of fewer than 35 members will pick up the team box at the Teams Kiosk at the packet pick up expo.
2. Member Pick Up
Each team member will need to pick up their own race items at the packet pick up expo if the captain pick up option was not selected. Team members cannot pick up packets for each other.