Build your corporate team today!
The Austin Marathon is proud to introduce team registration and all the perks that come with running as one! Team registration is perfect for corporations who have employees running the Austin Marathon as a corporate team. Companies big and small have runners of all abilities taking on the marathon, half marathon, and 5K. Below are 5 reasons why you should build your corporate team today!
1.) Discount pricing
- Everyone loves to save a few bucks! Become the most popular person at your company by registering as a Team Captain and save your colleagues some cash.
2.) Because it’s in Austin
- BBQ, live music, tacos, and great weather! Those are just a few of the perks you’ll enjoy when you visit Austin. You’ll also get a grand tour of all Austin when you run the revamped marathon course. Did we mention tacos?
3.) Team building
- You’ve registered and your corporate team is growing, now what? Plan runs during lunch, complete weekend long runs as a group, and celebrate accomplishments at monthly happy hours. See, Janice in Accounting is cool!
4.) Party with the team in the beer garden
- Celebrate with your corporate team in the beer garden! That’s right, cross the finish line, relax with a cold beer, and relive your accomplishments. If your team has enough members, you’ll also be eligible for a team tent where all the action is, the Finish Line Festival!
5.) Belt buckle finisher awards
- Complete the marathon or the half marathon and your finisher medal will double as a belt buckle. Wear your bling* to work and let everyone know you conquered the streets of Austin (*buckle is approved for all office attire).
Remember, the corporate team member registration deadline is January 5, 2018. Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See y’all in February!
High Five Events introduces the second round of accepted elite runners for the 2018 Austin Marathon®. Runners not accepted into the Elite Athlete Program are still invited to run in the Elite Field. The Elite Athlete Program’s focus is to provide a clean and competitive environment, discover emerging talent, and help the existing talent pool reach Olympic standards. The Program’s Year Two prize purse totals $20K with $15K for the marathon and $5K for the half marathon.
The second round of 2018 marathoners include:
- David Fuentes – Elite Athlete Program (2016 Olympic Trials Marathon Qualifier)
- Jameson Mora – Elite Field (2016 Olympic Trials Marathon Qualifier)
- Daniel Bishop – Elite Field (2nd place 2017 Austin Marathon – 2:33:02)
- Pedro Manuel Lemus Reyes – Elite Field (2017 Houston Marathon – 2:37:31)
- Julia Vegas – Elite Field (2017 REVEL Mt. Charleston Marathon – 2:58:22)
The second round of 2018 half marathoners include:
- Amanda Scott – Elite Athlete Program (2012, 2016 Olympic Trials Marathon Qualifier)
- Brooke Torres – Elite Field (2017 3M Half Marathon – 1:25:13 [currently undergoing treatment for melanoma cancer])
- Luis Chavez – Elite Field (10th place 2017 Fargo Half Marathon – 1:14:46)
- Ben Dickshinski – Elite Field (2016 USATF 20K Championships – 1:04:06)
- Daniel Gollins – Elite Field (2016 Aramco Houston Half Marathon – 1:15:08)
- Cate Barrett – Elite Field (female champion 2017 Orange Leaf Half Marathon – 1:25:18)
- Erik McMillan – Elite Field (2nd place 2016 St. Louis Half Marathon – 1:13:52)
“I am excited to toe the line for my first ever Austin Marathon next year and hopefully come away with the win,” said David Fuentes, 3-time Austin Half Marathon champion.
Applications are arriving daily and more than 100 have already been submitted. The third round of athletes will be announced next week. Applications are still being accepted and elite runners can apply on the Austin Marathon’s website. Athletes that meet the program’s standards and are accepted will be given one comp entry to the 2018 Austin Marathon or half marathon, reimbursement eligibility, and standards bonuses. Read about the first round of accepted elite runners.