Fun Weekend Activities
Ascension Seton Austin Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5K weekend kicks off soon and there is so much fun stuff to look forward to, we are not sure we can get it all in one place, but we are going to try!
Are you ready for an incredible race weekend experience? Get ready for a full expo, packed with shopping & experiences from a wide range of vendors. Race day will be filled with fantastic food, a recovery zone, live music, the EIGHT beer garden serving up delicious post-race drinks, and so much more!
Under Armour Shake Out Run
Join THE Shakeout Run of the year, this Friday, February 17th. We are meeting up at 6:00 AM with a plan to be running by 7:00 AM. Run alongside The Austin Marathon, Under Armour, RAW Running, and BPN for some easy miles to warm up your legs. We will be doing 3 & 5 mile routes.
After you’re all done, you’ll be welcomed back to Fleet Feet with coffee and tacos. Be sure to RSVP
15 THINGS YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS AT THE EXPO
The Ascension Seton Austin Marathon Expo & Packet Pick Up starts Friday at 1 PM! The expo is a chance for participants to visit our sponsors and partners and check out what they have to offer. The 2023 Marathon Health & Fitness Expo will have more than 100 vendors selling and showcasing all sorts of goodies.
The expo is free and open to the public on Friday, February 17th, from 1:00 p.m – 7:00 p.m and Saturday, February 18th, from 10:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m. See some of the highlights of this year’s expo.
1) Get your positive energy flowing with coffee sampling at Super Coffee.
2) Receive a complimentary Austin Marathon heat press graphic with your qualified purchase from the Under Armour x Fleet Feet Expo Booth
3) Exclusive pricing for 2024! Sign up at the expo can get a Limited Edition Under Armour Run Austin® shirt while supplies last.
4) Purchase any pair of Under Armour footwear and receive an Under Armour Hustle Pro Backpack or UA Gametime Duffle. Check your bag to see if you’ve found one of the GOLDEN tickets that will grant you access to the 2023 Austin Marathon VIP Experience.
5) Learn more about the benefits of Alkaline water and pick up a sample bottle from evamor. You can also Strike a pose at the GIF Photobooth for a fun video to share on social with all your friends! Don’t forget to hashtag #AustinMarathon #evamor
6) Name Wall with over 17,000 runner names! Look for yourself by your last name. Be sure to share your photos with #RunAustin #AustinMarathon!
7) Sample the elite light lager from EIGHT beer. (21+) Don’t forget to pick up your koozie.`
8) Test out the official course hydration at the Nuun Hydration truck.
9) Meet the Pacers at the Pacer Lounge! You can also get a pace band to help keep your goal time on race day.
10) Mark the Map with Ascension Seton. We have people from all over the world and all 50 states registered. Show where you are from on the map, who knows you might just meet a neighbor there.
11) Explore new and tasty foods from Promix, Nuf Foods, Sandcastle Seasonings, Plantstrong, and YellowBird. Pick up a sweet treat with free ice cream from the Museum of Ice cream.
12) Spectators can make cheer signs for free with Texas Drain Specialist
13) Try out Shockz bone conduction open-ear headphones. Perfect for race day.
14) Check out Cold Plunge with All Day Running Co. They will also have smoothie samples for those looking for some fuel.
15) Plus over 100 other vendors including Austin Gamblers, 3M Half Marathon, SPIbelt, BPN, HEB, HCI Sports & Fitness, and more.
BONUS: Join us for Happy Hour at the Pacer Lounge on Friday from 4-7 and get a free Pint Glass! Keep the party going and head out to see Chromeo play at Devil May Care. Limit one glass per person while supplies last.
AT THE FINISH FESTIVAL
Spurs Recovery Zone – Take a break, roll out, and stretch – YOU DESERVE IT! Visit the Spurs Recovery Zone and give your body a little post-race TLC with cozy lounge chairs, foam rollers, free snacks, and water, Spurs tickets giveaways, a live DJ, photo ops and so much more!
Live Bands – You heard 22 bands on the course, but don’t miss the ones in the EIGHT Beer Garden! Make your way through the festival where two Austin favorites, Delivery Service and Fusion ATX will be rocking the stage at 9 AM and 11 AM, respectively.
EIGHT Beer Garden – Participants who are 21+ can come hang out and wind down at the EIGHT beer garden. Enjoy a delicious light lager from EIGHT Beer or sample a drink from Tito’s Handmade Vodka.
All Day Running Co Sauna Village – Recover is style with saunas and cold plunges. Learn about the benefits of each and get your official Austin Marathon Patch.
Food Trucks – We’ll have some incredible local food trucks serving up all kinds of post-race grub! Grab breakfast or lunch from the Burro Cheese kitchen (we recommend the Waylon & Willie) or stop by Four Brothers for incredible Venezuelan food. Shawarma Point will also be there, serving up gyros and falafels. Yum! Get Coffee and beverages from August Beverage Co.
ON COURSE CHEER STATIONS
5K Turn Around – Livestrong will be cheering on runners at the 5K turn around.
Mile 7 – Bring your noise makers and sign shakers and join The Loop Running and Comedor Run Club
Mile 10 – RAW Running & UA are bringing the party to mid course. Known to party this crew will be cheering loudly all day long.
Mile 24 – Central Machine works with partnering up with the Breakfast Club for a cheer station and after party.
You did the work, now let’s celebrate! Crossing the finish doesn’t mean that you have to call it a day. Austin has plenty of fun celebrations happening throughout town and some great restaurants waiting for you! Here are just a few that you might want to check out.
Under Armour + RAW + EIGHT After Party – Head down to the post-run party at Mean Eyed Cat where all are invited! Rock your RAW/Under Armour shirt, or your Austin Marathon/Under Armour shirt and come out and enjoy drink specials, friends, and partying all night long!
Drinks Lounge – After jamming out to Fortune Hearts on the course, head to Drinks Lounge for another live set, enjoy specials on bloody marys & micheladas, and shop for records.
Delicious Breweries – Home to some of the best craft beer in Texas, Austin breweries are not to be underestimated! Here is a list of some of our highly recommended spots to visit.
Post-Race Brunch – Our staff gives their recommendations on places to catch come post-race refuel with your crew. With everything from pancakes to Austin’s famous breakfast tacos, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Parks to Enjoy – Maybe your idea of winding down and relaxing after a big run is to spread out a blanket in the lawn and soak in your surroundings. Lucky for you, Austin has so many beloved parks that offer stunning views of our city.
Know of any more parties that we should know about? Be sure to share in the Facebook Group and we will try and add it to the website as well.