https://zmmb91.a2cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/raceweekWPfeature.jpg?time=1685155968 400 495 tteichh5e https://zmmb91.a2cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/RBG-color-website-header-340x156website.png tteichh5e2019-02-07 09:59:362019-02-07 09:59:36Austin Marathon Tips for a Smooth Week
Austin Marathon Tips for a Smooth Week
Implement these Austin Marathon tips for a smooth race week
The 28th annual Ascension Seton Austin Marathon presented by Under Armour is less than two weeks away. Can you feel the excitement? There’s no better time like the present to take a look at some race week tips. These Austin Marathon tips range from week-of tips to what we strongly encourage you do once you cross the finish line. Whether this is your first Austin Marathon or half marathon or your 10th, these tips will set you up for success!
Attend the Under Armour HOVR Shakeout Run
- This is one Shakeout Run you don’t want to miss! Kick off Austin Marathon weekend with hundreds of your running friends, UA HOVR shoe demos, a jog around Town Lake, tacos, and coffee. All distances and paces are welcome.
The expo’s first hour is always the busiest
- It’s no secret, the first hour of expos is always the busiest. There’s an energy because of race weekend, the opening of the expo, and the industry’s top vendors gathered all in one place. Add the buzz from amped participants wanting their Under Armour shirt and you have a recipe for a busy first hour!
- Participants must pick up their own packet at the expo. Don’t forget your photo ID and confirmation number!
Stay near the start line
- Get a good night’s sleep before race day and wake up feeling refreshed! Book your Hilton hotel today and take advantage of their great rates and hospitality. Pro tip: stay downtown and you’ll be within walking distance of the start (2nd St. and Congress Ave.) and finish lines (9th St. and Congress Ave.)! Just think, you won’t have to worry about parking race morning!
- Want something specific when you finish your race? Don’t forget to drop off your gear bag. It’ll be waiting for you when you’re done, for FREE!
Run with the pacers
- The excitement at the start of the Austin Marathon is undeniable. Don’t get caught up and go out too fast! Running with the Austin Marathon pacers is an excellent way to reign in your desire to lay down the hammer.
Celebrate with friends and family
- When you’re done and you’ve crossed your finish line it’s time to celebrate! Show off your race bling, talk about your PR, let others know your goals and how you crushed them. Make sure you visit the Under Armour recovery zone to work out any kinks. If you pre-purchased a massage from Austin Massage Company (you should do this!), don’t forget to check in with them. And last but not least, don’t skip the Oskar Blues beer garden! There will also be live music and food trucks to keep the party going. Remember, this is your time to celebrate!
Customize race day
- Let the professionals from FinisherPix capture your race day memories. Take advantage of the pre-race prices and order your photos today. Once the race begins prices go up!
- Show off your accomplishments! Customize your commemorative 28th annual belt buckle finisher medal. Purchase your personalized nameplate by logging in and selecting ‘Shop’ next to your registration.
- Wear your accomplishment! That’s right, purchase a limited-edition Austin Marathon belt to pair with your belt buckle. Only 200 are being made!