Fourth round of elite runners competing for $23,200 prize purse
The Ascension Seton Austin Marathon presented by Under Armour introduces the fourth round of accepted athletes for 2020. This program, in its fourth year, creates a competitive field of elite male and female runners while discovering emerging talent, pushing the entire talent pool to reach Olympic standards. FloTrack’s live coverage highlights the competition amongst the elites, following male and female marathoners and half marathoners. Elites are listed below along with their qualifying time. The 29th annual Austin Marathon, owned and produced by High Five Events, will take place on February 16, 2020.
“I’m pumped to run the Austin Half Marathon as my final big workout leading into the Olympic Marathon Trials,” said Rory Tunningley, two-time Olympic Marathon Trials qualifier (2016 and ‘20). “In Austin, I can simulate racing on the hills that are in my own backyard and know I’m ready for the rolling hills in Atlanta.”
The fourth round of 2020 Austin Marathoners include:
- Hannah Steffan – female Elite Athlete Program (2019 CIM – 2:55:20)
The fourth round of 2020 Austin Half Marathoners include:
- Rory Tunningley – male Elite Athlete Program (2019 Grandma’s Marathon – 2:16:25)
- Igor Olefirenko – male Elite Athlete Program (2019 London Marathon- 2:11:55)
- Bijan Mazaheri – male Elite Athlete Program (2019 Chicago Marathon – 2:15:26)
- Neringa Kaulinaite – female Elite Athlete Program (2020 Houston Marathon – 2:47:45)
- Kevin Kochei – male Elite Athlete Program (2019 Mercedes Half Marathon champ – 1:05:41)
- Dominic Korir– male Elite Athlete Program (2020 Houston Half Marathon – 1:01:45)
- Ezekiel Chebotibin – male Elite Athlete Program (2019 Lake Biwa Mainichi Marathon – 2:09:58)
- Becky Hendee – female Elite Field (2016 Autumn Color Run Half Marathon – 1:21:13)
- Crystal Kent – female Elite Field (2017 Outer Banks Half Marathon – 1:24:36)
- Yahia Elsayed – male Elite Field (2019 Philadelphia Half Marathon – 1:09:39)
- John Ross – male Elite Field (2020 3M Half Marathon – 1:11:58)
The fourth round of 2020 Manzano Milers include:
- Nicholas Romanow – male Elite Field (2018 Schrader Mile – 4:26.33)
- Tyler Smith – male Elite Field (2018 Black and Gold Invitational (1500m) – 4:01.73)
The prize purse breakdown follows: $15,000 for the marathon, $5,000 for the half marathon, and $3,200 for the Manzano Mile presented by Dole Packaged Foods. Runners not accepted into the Elite Athlete Program are still invited to run in the Elite Field. Runners that are not accepted to the Elite Athlete Program or the Elite Field are not eligible for prize money. Read about the first, second, and third round of accepted elite runners.
The Austin Marathon will celebrate its 29th year running in the capital of Texas in 2020. Austin’s flagship running event annually attracts runners from all 50 states and 30+ countries around the world. The start and finish locations are just a few blocks apart. They are within walking distance of many downtown hotels and restaurants. The finish line is in front of the picturesque Texas State Capitol. Austin Marathon is the perfect running weekend destination. Registration is currently open.