There’s no better way to kick off the new year than by running the Austin Marathon as a team. Creating an Austin Marathon team is perfect for companies, groups, friends, and family. With race day a couple months away, it’s time to start thinking (if you haven’t already) about who you want running by your side. What people do you want pushing you when you think you can’t go anymore? Here are 4 reasons why you should run with a team on February 18th:
- Built-in training partners
- Running with people who are working towards the same goal just makes sense. Training with partners is a great way to keep each other on track and hold one another accountable.
- Austin Marathon team packet pick up
- Would you rather have one team member pick up everyone’s packet or have the whole team go as a group to soak up the energy of the expo? One good thing about building an Austin Marathon team is that you can choose. Love having options!
- Finish line party with your Austin Marathon team
- Parties are awesome, but parties are better with people you know. Finish the Austin Marathon or half marathon, kick back with your team at your team tent, and celebrate your accomplishments at the Austin Marathon finish line festival.
- Trash talking
- Who doesn’t like some good ol’ fashioned trash talk? Nothing fuels the competitive juices better than wanting to prove someone wrong!
After reading these reasons, why wouldn’t you get a team together? If you realize that you really want to run with a team but haven’t started making one, don’t worry, team registration doesn’t close until January 5th. Get started today!