Run with heart and join Nate Boyer in supporting Dell Children’s Heart Program
Nate Boyer, former Green Beret, Texas Longhorn, and Seattle Seahawk has always followed his heart. Like when he decided to serve our country and when he taught himself to long snap leading to his career in the NFL. His decision to run his first marathon and fundraise for the new Dell Children’s Heart Program is no different. And you have the opportunity to join Nate Boyer and make a difference!
“Now’s a time when we need to love ourselves and one another,” said Boyer. “2021 is a year where we have an opportunity to do things differently, do them better.”
Boyer’s fully committed
Boyer is committed to running the Ascension Seton Austin Marathon, his first marathon, on Valentine’s Day weekend despite many obstacles. The Austin Marathon, originally set for February 14th, was canceled because of COVID-19. The Austin Half Marathon and KXAN SimpleHealth 5K were moved to April 25th.
Boyer will follow his heart and stick with his plan to run the Austin Marathon on Valentine’s Day weekend. He’s raising funds for Dell Children’s Heart Program and you can join him! See below for all the ways you can take part. As a Longhorn, Boyer and some teammates would visit Dell Children’s before games. Those visits left an enduring mark on both patients and players.
“I’ve always wanted to run a marathon and I’m fully committed to my goal,” said Boyer. “When things get tough I’ll run with my heart knowing the money raised will give kids the opportunity to follow their heart later in life.”
Boyer is a philanthropist, humanitarian, and the oldest rookie in NFL history at age 34. Being a member of both the military veteran and athlete community, he saw an opportunity to team up both populations to tackle their transition struggles together through his charity Merging Vets & Players (MVP). He currently works in film and TV as a producer, director, actor, and host. Among several other projects, he currently produces and hosts the NFL Network show: Indivisible with Nate Boyer. It features NFL cities, players, and community leaders across America. They discuss issues relevant to their communities and how football unites us all to solve these problems.
How you can help make a heart-filled difference
- Donate to Boyer’s fundraising page! Every dollar donated will be doubled up to $10,000 thanks to a generous grant from Moody Foundation, presenting sponsor of Austin Marathon Gives.
- Sign up to virtually run with Boyer! Receive a limited-edition Love Austin virtual finisher medal and a virtual swag bag with discounts around town so you can go show Austin some love. Run all 26.2 miles or you can do any distance you choose! Sign up here!
- Run the Austin Half Marathon or 5K on April 25th! When you register you can select to create your own charity campaign to raise money for Team Dell Children’s.
- Purchase a shirt! Through February 14th, 50% of profits from the Run Austin Love Austin shirts will go directly to Boyer’s fundraising page for Dell Children’s Heart Program!
- Follow along on social! Follow Boyer’s 26.2-mile journey through Austin during Valentine’s Day weekend on our Facebook and Instagram. Join us for the virtual afterparty and share photos from your own virtual run with Boyer. Use #RunAustinLoveAustin and encourage others to help support the campaign.