We’re here to help you have an unforgettable Austin Marathon weekend
It’s no secret. The City of Austin is amazing. There’s a reason it’s the #1 city in America. We’re proud to call The Live Music Capital of the World our home. We run here and consume one taco for every mile. We’re pretty sure it’s a city ordinance. Whether you’re an Austinite or visiting for the first time during Austin Marathon weekend, we want you to love what we love. We’ve run, walked, and biked the Austin Marathon course from every direction to bring you the best. We put in the work so all you have to do to have an unforgettable Austin Marathon weekend is decide what you want to do and where you want to go.
This list starts with Austin, Texas, and gets better. The 26.2 most common reasons why participants love to Run Austin are in this blog. Folks love Austin Marathon weekend and the good word is spreading!
Epic race day
The USATF-certified course will have tens of thousands of spectators! It also has 2 Energy Zones stocked with GU Energy Labs Gels and Chews, 22 aid stations with nuun and water, and 15 bands performing live music. This year’s commemorative medals and participant shirts are bringing the heat! The designs get better every year. The streets of Austin will be filled with custom UA shirts from all events before you get your one-of-a-kind medal. Don’t forget: marathoners receive special UA socks and will earn a special long-sleeve UA finisher shirt!
Our approved on-course spots
We’re not sure where to begin with this one so we’re jumping in headfirst. We’ve searched the Austin Marathon course high and low for the best Austin has to offer. Not just places to eat, but must-see murals, where to shop, best photo opportunities, and places that you have to visit. We want you to enjoy the full Austin experience!
- Miles 1-6 – coffee + breakfast + lunch + dinner + locations
- Miles 6-13 – restaurants + locations
- Miles 13-18 – restaurants + locations
- Miles 18-26.2 – restaurants + locations
- Shakeout Run – We begin Austin Marathon weekend with our friends at Fleet Feet Austin and it gets better from there. Join us Friday morning (Feb. 14th) for the official Austin Marathon Shakeout Run. Check out the details and RSVP today!
- Expo – There’s sooo much to do at the two-day Health & Fitness Expo. You can purchase your official Austin Marathon Under Armour gear. Scoop of the limited-edition UA HOVR ATX-themed Machinas. Don’t miss the newest running products. Take all the pictures with our sweet backdrops. Grab any last-minute race-day needs. And take advantage of the LOWEST PRICING for what will be our epic 30th anniversary on Feb. 14, 2021!
- Manzano Mile – The Manzano Mile presented by Dole Packaged Foods is on Saturday, Feb. 15th. More friends are joining the fun, like H-E-B (sponsor) and Marathon Kids (beneficiary). This is a family-friendly event that will feature athletes of all abilities, from elites to the youngest runners. It takes place on Riverside Drive, next to the Health & Fitness Expo.
- KXAN Simple Health 5K – The only 5K to run on historic South Congress Avenue. The KXAN Simple Health 5K benefits the legendary Paramount Theatre. The event is stroller-friendly and perfect for the entire family. Run out and back on South Congress, cross the finish line, then get the party started at the 3-block-long finish line festival.
Austin Marathon Hilton VIP Experience
Purchase the Hilton VIP Experience and you’ll have access to not one, but two VIP sections! You’ll take your race-day experience to the next level with separate gear check, catering from Tacodeli, Tito’s Handmade Vodka cocktails, sweet swag, and so much more!
Finish line festival
- Under Armour recovery zone – Work out your sore muscles after you cross the finish line. Recover as much as possible so you can celebrate with friends and family at the beer garden and dance to the live music.
- Oskar Blues beer garden – When you cross the finish line it’s time to celebrate. Meet your friends and family at the expanded beer garden and celebrate the day with an ice-cold Oskar Blues brew. They’re brewed right here in Austin!
- Live music – Did we mention that Austin is The Live Music Capital of the World? Not only are there 15 bands performing on course, there will be two bands at the finish line festival. Don’t forget to pack your dancing shoes!
- Food trucks – Get a taste of Austin without leaving the finish line festival! Some of Austin’s finest food trucks will serve their delicious food. Make sure you grab something to eat and get back to the celebration!
In case we didn’t mention it, Austin is The Live Music Capital of the World. It’s only fitting that we have an epic running playlist. You’ve probably seen us introduce songs to our #WeLiketheSoundofThat playlist on Twitter. Make sure you check out the entire playlist on Spotify! Pro tip: follow and download the playlist before Feb. 16th so you can click play.
Share on social media
If you cross the finish line, earn your sweet medal, and celebrate at the 3-block-long finish line festival with friends and family and you don’t share it on social media did it really happen? Tag us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram so we can have fun with you! And if you’re not participating, follow along for exclusive race-day access.
So much to do, see, and eat while you’re in Austin! Where do you even begin? Listen, we provided the information, now you have to make the decisions. Share this with your friends and family when y’all start planning your Austin Marathon weekend. Have questions or want more recommendations? Hit us up on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.